Digital arts residencies
In continuation to our “Digital Culture Kit” residency project held at the Studio, Techno Culture Club is hosting 2 artists for digital arts residencies from January to February 2019 with the purpose of creating “artwork kits” that are intended to offer new digital art experiences to library users.
Techno Culture Club’s residencies offer artists opportunities to experiment and co-create with its team a new digital artwork experience for users of public libraries. Over the course of one month, resident artists have access to a work station within a shared work area. Residents receive an artist fee and free access to Techno Culture Club equipment and workshop space.
Each residency will focus on creating an “artwork kit”. Like a book, the artwork kit is an object that users will borrow for free from the library, inviting users to participate in a artistic experience. The kit consists of:
- A digital work of art which is easy to manipulate and to reproduce;
- A guide on how to use the kit.
The “artwork kit” will be made available to a few public libraries of Montreal’s Metropolitan area and be presented at a showcasing event scheduled on March 2019.
Participation in the residency involves
- Compensation for the residency: $1650 per artist
- Duration : One month of co-creation to make a digital cultural experience, including:
- at least 20 hours per week,
- support from staff of Techno Culture Club
- access to technological and audio-visual equipment in Techno Culture Club workshop space
- Documentation produced with support from TCC :
- an user guide
- a technical documentation
- a kit reproduction how-to guide
This project is supported by The Conseil des arts de Montréal.