Job offer : Director of Development
Our team is currently looking for a Director of Development to manage fund development and strategic planning for Techno Culture Club (TCC). This position will be primarily responsible for designing and implementing a strategic plan to support the organization's mission, collaborating with Project and Services Directors to develop new projects, researching and applying for funding opportunities in line with TCC’s mission and priorities, as well as reporting to funders.
As an organisation, we prioritize collaboration, participation, consultation and respect. As part of the operations team, the Director of Development also shares key collective decision making responsibilities.
Key logistics details
Length of contract: permanent position with 6-month probationary period
Work hours and schedule: 35 hrs/wk. Typically 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday, with flexibility to start early or end late. Position sometimes requires a fluctuating work schedule, with periods of greater demands on time than others. Hours worked over 35 per week are banked and taken back in quieter periods.
Compensation: $24 - $27. We are concurrently in the process of hiring an Executive Director, and depending on the profiles of both candidates, the Director of Development may be offered a role which includes a few added tasks to further support the Executive Director. If so, this position will be paid at the higher pay rate. This decision will be made in consultation with the candidate.
Benefits: 3-weeks paid vacation
Location: currently work from home, with the possibility for occasional in-person meetings depending on your comfort level and the government regulation; normally we work in office at the Centre du Plateau (address in footer). It’s possible we will return to working in person in summer or fall of 2021.
Techno Culture Club is a non profit organisation which promotes and supports digital literacy and digital justice to make technology and digital culture more accessible, fair and participative.
You can check out this video for more information.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Establish strategic funding and project priorities and timeline
- Implement partnership, development and funding strategies for the organization
- Research, identify, analyse and propose grant and partnership opportunities
- Maintain relationships with current and potential partners and funders
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and others to evaluate current projects
- Write project proposals and grant applications
- Ensure grant reporting requirements are fulfilled and funding agreements are respected; write final grant reports
- Support project managers in the building and implementation of data tracking systems for evaluation purposes
- Support the Community Liaison Committee in their strategic outreach and community partnership planning
- Attend Operations team meetings and actively participate in organisational decisions
Note: We do not have core funding, although our finances are relatively stable until March 2022. The main challenge of this position will be to secure adequate project funding past this point. TCC is a registered nonprofit but not a charity, so this position does not require doing fundraising drives or outreach to individual donors.
- Fund development experience
- 5+ years experience in the nonprofit sector
- Understanding of the Quebec funding landscape (knowledge of grants and partnership opportunities)
- Experience with organizational development and/or strategic planning
- Experience in project design and project budgeting
- Big-picture thinker
- Strong written and oral French communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and interest in working as part of a team
- Demonstrated organizational and task-management skills
- Understanding of systemic oppression, especially, knowledge or interest in social issues relating to technology and digital literacy (the digital divide, the effects of systemic barriers on access, etc.)
- Digital literacy (Google Drive, Slack, other project management platforms)
- Interest in digital creativity and the cultural sector, new technologies and digital culture
- Professional proficiency in English
- Experience working with, and/or interest in, non-hierarchical organizational models
- Ideas about what you would like to see and prioritize in terms of projects, collaborations, etc.
Please submit a completed online application before the 31st of March 2021 at 11:59 PM: forms.gle/Hx6EMbfdxJ4rg8mw6
In the online application, please attach your CV as a PDF (in english or french, as you prefer).
If you have questions or require assistance with the online form, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank you for your application, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, TCC believes in promoting equality and diversity in our team. We prioritise candidates from groups who are often under-represented or face systemic exclusion, including but not limited to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, people with disabilities, and new immigrants. We encourage people to self-identify on their application form if they wish*.
- This statement was heavily inspired by Exeko; we would like to thank them for their work.