Job offer - Community Outreach Coordinator
Our team is currently looking for a Community Outreach Coordinator to research, identity, contact and collaborate with various community organizations and groups in order to connect them with our AlphaNumérique activities. The community sector component of the project offers adapted digital literacy workshops, which are given in collaboration with community organizations who serve the target audiences of the project. The Community Outreach Coordinator will also collaborate with the Adaptation Coordinator to assure that our activities offer responds to the needs of the project’s target audiences.
Key logistics details
Length of contract: 6 month maternity leave replacement (mid/late-April to November 1st 2021); possibility of renewal depending on the evolution of the project
Work hours and schedule: 30 hours/week. Typical hours weekdays between 9am - 5pm, flexible to start earlier or finish later.
Benefits: 3-weeks paid vacation
Location: currently work from home, with the possibility for occasional in-person meetings depending on your comfort level and the government regulations; normally we work in office at the Centre du Plateau . It’s possible we will return to working in person in summer or fall of 2021.
Techno Culture Club is a non profit organisation which promotes and supports digital literacy and digital justice to make technology and digital culture more accessible, fair and participative.
You can check out this video for more information.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Identity local community organisations (mostly outside of Montreal) who might benefit from AlphaNumérique activities (digital literacy workshops for the public and professionals)
- Understand thoroughly the activities available through the AlphaNumérique project, and stay informed of any changes in activities offered (ex. changes post-covid)
Outreach to community organizations (30%)
- Establish and maintain connections with community organizations
- Communicate and clarify the activities offered through the project
- Accompany organizations and support adaptation of activities (20%)
- Support organizations in their communications and outreach about the project
- Collaborate with the Adaptation Coordinator to adapt workshop content to better suit the needs of target audiences
- Ensure follow up with community organizations and share results internally
- Invite community sector staff to participate in project events
- Understand, document and share internally tendencies in needs expressed by community organizations and target audiences in terms of digital literacy
Coordination/administration/project support (30%)
- Collaborate with the Logistics Coordinator to book activities
- Update and populate the CRM with contacts and feedback from communication with community organizations and groups
- Participate in Community Committee meetings and internal project planning meetings
- Collaborate with the Community Committee to decide on strategic priorities (in terms of organizations, target audiences, regions, etc.)
- Knowledge of the community sector
- Experience in researching and developing and partnerships
- Excellent French communication skills (oral and written) and active listening skills
- Comfortable communicating primarily via phone
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and task-management skills
- Excellent networking and relational skills
- Understanding of systemic oppression, especially, knowledge or interest in social issues relating to technology and digital literacy (the digital divide, the effects of systemic barriers on access, etc.)
- Digital literacy (Google Drive; Slack, other project management platforms)
- Familiarity with HubSpot
- Experience with community work and/or working with the project’s target audiences
- Experience in content adaptation or in rendering complex information accessible to the general public
- Professional competency in English
- Facilitation experience
- Knowledge of pedagogy
Please submit a completed online application before April 11th, 2021 at 11:59pm: forms.gle/G6RCg5ibUHk1RhHP6
In the online application, please attach your CV as a PDF (in english or french, as you prefer).
If you have questions or require assistance with the online form, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. While we thank you for your application, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, TCC believes in promoting equality and diversity in our team. We prioritise candidates from groups who are often under-represented or face systemic exclusion, including but not limited to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, people with disabilities, and new immigrants. We encourage people to self-identify on their application form if they wish.
(This statement was heavily inspired by Exeko; we would like to thank them for their work.)