Job Offer - Project Coordinator C'est juste en ligne
Our team is currently looking for a Project Coordinator for our new project C’est juste en ligne. his project aims to offer youth (12 - 18 years old) access to tools, resources and support which will allow them to become autonomous digital citizens and help them to understand cyberviolence and to navigate safely online.
The coordinator will be primarily responsible for leading a needs assessment process in order to better understand the reality that youth experience online, and, using this data, to coordinate and collaborate on the design and testing of various resources and tools. The needs assessment will be done via a series of surveys and discussion groups with youth, their parents, their teachers and community workers. The resources to be created may include: workshops, a toolbox for teachers, parents and community workers and an online platform and accompanying guide. All resources will be primarily in French.
Key logistics details
Length of contract: 11 months; mid-octobre 2021 - end of August 2022. Possibility of renewal depending on the project outcomes
Work hours and schedule: 25 hours/week. Typical hours weekdays between 9am - 5pm, flexible to start earlier or finish later.
Benefits: 6% vacation pay
Location: hybrid model: mostly work from home, with the possibility for occasional in-person meetings depending on your comfort level. Our office is in the Centre du Plateau (address in footer). Please note that the coordinator may be required to occasionally work in person in schools, libraries or other public settings over the course of the project.
Techno Culture Club is a non profit organisation which promotes and supports digital literacy and digital justice to make technology and digital culture more accessible, fair and participative.
You can check out this video for more information.
Responsibilities of the position:
Research and data collection
- Design various surveys for the target audience (youth ages 12-18), their parents, and potentially their teachers and community workers
- Collect and synthesize survey data
- Research preexisting tools and resources on similar subjects
- Design and facilitate discussion groups with youth and their parents
- Establish relationships with resource personnel in various locations which provide services for youth ages 12-18 (ex. schools, libraries, youth centres), this task will be done in collaboration with our project partners
- Assist resource personnel with outreach and distribution of surveys
- Coordinate with resource personnel to book times for discussion groups and later in the project for workshop pilots
- Collaborate with the Communications director on the design and creation of various outreach tools and on the outreach plan for the project
- In partnership with the Design coordinator, decide on the form that our tools and resources for the project will take
- In partnership with the Design coordinator, create tools and resources and design workshops
- Project coordination experience
- Experience conducting needs assessments and creating research tools (eg. surveys)
- Experience with data collection and data synthesis
- Understanding of research ethics and experience applying these principles
- Understanding of the issues of cyberharassment and cybersecurity
- Experience working with youth ages 12-18
- Experience working in school settings and/or with parents or teachers of youth
- Excellent French communication skills (oral and written) and active listening skills
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and task-management skills
- Experience adapting and synthesizing content
- Understanding of systemic oppression, especially, knowledge or interest in social issues relating to technology and digital literacy (the digital divide, the effects of systemic barriers on access, etc.)
- Digital literacy (Google Drive; Slack, other project management platforms)
- Group facilitation experience
- Professional competency in English
- Knowledge of pedagogy
- Knowledge of the community sector and the library sector
Please submit a completed online application before October 3, 2021 at 11:59pm: forms.gle/kVS1tqfoiaAXAuUp6
In the online application, please attach your CV as a PDF (in english or french, as you prefer).
If you have questions or require assistance with the online form, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank you for your application, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, TCC believes in promoting equality and diversity in our team. We prioritise candidates from groups who are often under-represented or face systemic exclusion, including but not limited to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, people with disabilities, and new immigrants. We encourage people to self-identify on their application form if they wish.
- This statement was heavily inspired by Exeko; we would like to thank them for their work.*