Job offert - Assistant coordinator of services and educational resources
Our team is looking for an assistant coordinator of services and educational resources. Techno Culture
Club designs and facilitates technocreative activities and other pedagogical activities teaching new
technologies and digital literacy. We’re looking for someone to help us to 1) improve the structure of
our internal tools and the organization of our educational resources 2) develop a catalogue of our
professional training activities 3) help the Director of services with the coordination and administrative
tasks related to our service offer.
Key logistics details
This position is financed by the Canada Summer Jobs program. Candidates must be 30 years old or younger to be eligible.
Length of contract: 11 weeks ; ideally from July 19 - September 8, 2021
*The contract may be renewed depending on funding. Thus, we will prioritize candidates looking for a long term position.
Work hours and schedule: 20 hours a week ; flexible schedule with most hours worked
Monday-Friday between 9am - 5pm. Possibility to start or end earlier or later depending on preference.
Compensation: $22 / hour
Benefits: 6% vacation pay
Location: currently working remotely, with the possibility of occasional in person meetings depending on availability and comfort level. It’s possible we will return to working in the office in fall 2021.
Our offices are located in the Centre du Plateau (address in footer).
About TCC :
Techno Culture Club is a non profit organisation that promotes and supports digital literacy and digital justice to make technology and digital culture more accessible, fair and participative.
You can check out this video for more information.
Responsibilities of the position may include :
Improving our existing resources
● Standardise and improve the documentation of our technocreative activities and our professional trainings
● Participate in the redesign process for our activity evaluation tools
Client follow-up and logistical coordination
● In collaboration with the Director of services, follow-up with our majority francophone clients by phone or email (clients include libraries, schools, museums, community centres, etc.)
● Assist in activity coordination, including assignment of tasks and planning animation schedules based on activities booked by clients
● Help with billing for activities
● Assist in updating our client database
● Help create documentation of the administrative processes related to our services offer
Content and resource creation for professional trainings
● Design a catalogue of our professional trainings
● In collaboration with our facilitators, design content for new professional trainings teaching various aspects of new technologies
Basic knowledge of new technologies (ex. 3D printing, vinyl cutting, electronics, coding, virtual reality, media or sound creation, etc.) and/or interest in and ability to learn these technologies
● Interested in the cultural sector, in new technologies and in digital culture
● Excellent communication ability in written and oral French
● Excellent organizational planning skills
● Familiarity with creative facilitation, professional training and/or cultural mediation
● Knowledge of or interest in social issues related to technology and digital culture (ex. The digital divide, the effects of systemic barriers on access to information, etc.)
● Digital literacy and capacity to resolve technical problems (ex. Zoom settings)
Experience in animation or facilitation, especially experience facilitating professional trainings or with pedagogical design
● Knowledge of the library sector, the educational sectoral, the cultural sector or the community sector
● Professional level written and spoken English
● Interest in anti-oppressive and inclusive approaches to facilitation and organizational culture
● Experience working in the community sector or for small-to-medium companies
● Experience with database management and/or base coding knowledge
Please submit a completed online application before July 1st, 2021
In the online application, please attach your CV as a PDF (in english or french, as you prefer).
If you have questions or require assistance with the online form, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com While we thank you for your application, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, TCC believes in promoting equality and diversity in our team. We prioritise candidates
from groups who are often under-represented or face systemic exclusion, including but not limited to
Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, people with disabilities, and new immigrants. We encourage people to self-identify on their application form if they wish*.
- This statement was heavily inspired by Exeko; we would like to thank them for their work.