Job Offer : Communications Assistant
Our team is currently looking for a Communications Assistant to manage our Social Media accounts, create multimedia content in line with the identity of the organization, and support the Director of Communications in the development of promotional materials and of a general communications plan.
Key logistics details
Candidates must be eligible for Emploi-Québec subvention salariale
If you aren’t sure whether or not you’re eligible, feel free to contact us or to contact your Local Employment Centre to learn more about the program.
Length of contract: 6 month contact; starting as soon as possible.
Work hours and schedule: 30 hours per week. Typically 9am to 5pm weekdays, with flexibility to start early or end late.
Benefits: 6% paid vacation
Location: currently work from home, with the possibility for occasional in-person meetings depending on your comfort level and the government regulations; normally we work in office at the Centre du Plateau .
Techno Culture Club (TCC) is a non profit organisation which promotes and supports digital literacy and digital justice to make technology and digital culture more accessible, fair and participative.
You can check out this video for more information.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Manage content on all our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, LinkedIn);
- Collect data and performance statistics (from social media, newsletters and websites);
- Implement and manage paid marketing campaigns on social media;
- Write, edit and publish content on the organization's website;
- Draft and produce written and digital communication materials (in French and English);
- Design and produce multimedia content and graphics (photos, gifs, short videos, illustrations, posters, etc.);
- Manage social media accounts passwords;
- Write and edit press releases to promote various projects and activities;
- Edit, translate, and layout content of diverse documents (catalogue, annual report, toolkits, policies etc.);
- Monitor media;
- Participate in discussions about our communication policies and norms to better reflect the values of the organization (ex. best practices in terms of accessibility);
- Participate in team meetings.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Interest in social issues related to technology or Digital Literacy (‘the digital divide’, systemic barriers to accessibility, etc.);
- Digital literacy (Zoom, Google Drive, G suite, Slack...);
- Basic knowledge of graphic design software (ex. Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, Gimp);
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written) in French;
- Professional proficiency in English;
- An active listener and good at working and collaborating as part of a team;
- Ability to work Independently and to multitask;
- Willingness to learn and take initiative.
- Experience or education in communications or Social Media management;
- Interest in anti-oppressive and inclusive organizational structures;
- Experience in the community sector.
Please submit a completed online application before 11:59 Sunday the 7th of March, 2021: forms.gle/w7RkViTgKw9R8uwZ9
In the online application, please attach your CV as a PDF (in english or french, as you prefer).
If you have questions or require assistance with the online form, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. While we thank you for your application, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
*As an employer, TCC believes in promoting equality and diversity in our team. We prioritise candidates from groups who are often under-represented or face systemic exclusion, including but not limited to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, people with disabilities, and new immigrants. We encourage people to self-identify on their application form if they wish.
This statement was heavily inspired by Exeko; we would like to thank them for their work.*