Job offer: Administrative and financial coordinator
Our team is looking for an administrative and financial coordinator to help us with regular administrative, financial and human resources tasks. The ideal candidate will have some background in bookkeeping or financial management of nonprofits. More specifically they will understand how to reconcile accounts, produce and various financial reports and ensure the organization is in compliance with various nonprofit reporting and tax obligations.
Key logistics details
Length of contract: permanent position; starting January 2022
Work hours and schedule: ~10-15 hours a week; semi-flexible schedule; ideally two days a week (your choice of days) Monday-Friday between 9am - 5pm
Compensation: $27 / hour (salaried); open to negotiating a subcontractor invoiced position instead if you would prefer
Benefits: 6% vacation pay
Location: we are currently working on a hybrid model. Ideally, the administrative assistant would be willing to work from our office space at least 1 day a week to facilitate communication with the team and collaboration with the Executive Director. The other day may be in office or remote depending on preference. Our offices are located in the Centre du Plateau (address in footer).
Techno Culture Club is a non profit organisation that promotes and supports digital literacy and digital justice to make technology and digital culture more accessible, fair and participative.
You can check out this video for more information.
Responsibilities of the position may include:
Financial administration and bookkeeping
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with all annual, quarterly and monthly obligations (GST/QST, Registraire des entreprises, CNESST, etc.)
- Bookkeeping, reconciliation of account transactions and sales tax reporting (using QuickBooks)
- Keep up to date with the organization's finances, statistics and accounting records
- In collaboration with Executive Director, forecast and monitor the long term financial health of the organization
- Maintain bank accounts and suppliers accounts in good standing
- Provide an annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors, and provide quarterly actuals
- Produce revenue and expense reports by project and for service activities
- Support with invoice creation and billing for services and suppliers
- Update finance and administration procedure manuals
- Collaborate with the auditor to provide necessary information to produce our annual financial statements
- In collaboration with the Committee of Directors, implement best practices for financial management and administration
Human Resources administration
- Bi-weekly payroll (using Payment Evolution)
- Employee expense reimbursements
- Health Insurance benefits and VRSP administration
- Creation and filing of various governmental documents (ROEs, T4s)
- Filing and keeping track of employee paperwork
- Experience in bookkeeping or financial coordination for nonprofits or small-to-medium companies
- Knowledge of nonprofit obligations (e.g. government filings, tax obligations, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practises in financial management and organization
- Excellent communication ability in written and oral French
- Comfortable using accounting software (we use QuickBooks)
- Knowledge of payroll systems
- Organized and with great attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks
- Professional level written and spoken English
- Interest in anti-oppressive and inclusive approaches to organizational culture structure
- Interest in social issues related to technology and digital culture (ex. The digital divide, the effects of systemic barriers on access to information, etc.)
Please submit a completed online application before December 12th, 2021, 11:59PM : forms.gle/BEtMQ6McqcnTPsZd8
In the online application, please attach your CV as a PDF (in english or french, as you prefer).
If you have questions or require assistance with the online form, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank you for your application, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
*As an employer, TCC believes in promoting equality and diversity in our team. We prioritise candidates from groups who are often under-represented or face systemic exclusion, including but not limited to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, people with disabilities, and new immigrants. We encourage people to self-identify on their application form if they wish .
This statement was heavily inspired by Exeko; we would like to thank them for their work. *